Accord Insight 3 Project - Reconciliation and Peace Processes Issue Editor
Conciliation Resources is recruiting a Specialist Editor to work on the third Insight project and publication in our Accord series. This will inform practical learning of how reconciliation can support inclusive peace processes.
The Specialist Editor will need to be a strong editor and writer with specialist knowledge of peace processes and reconciliation. He/she will have experience of developing practical learning and recommendations from applied research, and of supporting authors who may not be experienced writers to express their ideas and describe their experiences clearly.
The project and publication need to reflect a diversity of perspectives and experiences: local, national and international; official and unofficial. The Specialist Editor will help to bridge academic, policy and practitioner debates and experiences, and to manage relationships among diverse project stakeholders. All Accord activities pay close attention to gender balance.
The Specialist Editor will work closely with Conciliation Resources’ Accord Team on a number of outputs:
- Developing the project concept and publication structure
- A Joint Analysis Workshop bringing together major stakeholders in the project and peace processes to exchange experiences
- Editing and producing the Accord Insight publication – commissioning and editing approximately six articles, interviews and analyses (approximately 20,000 words in total), including supporting inexperienced authors; overseeing production of standard features - profiles of key players, chronology of events, maps, photos and images; and writing the introduction
- A ‘Learning Clinic’ to develop policy and practice findings from the project
- Developing and supporting the implementation of a communications and outreach strategy to disseminate and advocate project findings
- Contributing to monitoring and evaluation
The consultancy is for an estimated two months (42 days) spread over approximately 16 months, beginning mid-June 2015. The fee is a maximum of GBP£10,500, which should include any relevant sales or value added tax.
Accord is well established as the ‘go to’ resource for practical learning on peace and transition processes. Accord Insight presents cutting-edge analysis and contemporary peacebuilding innovation by re-examining key challenges and practical lessons from Conciliation Resources’ Accord publication Series (www.c-r.org/accord).
Interested applicants should send:
- A CV of no more than two pages of A4, minimum 10 point font, outlining relevant experience – a bibliography can be attached as an appendix to your CV
- A supporting statement of two-three pages, minimum 10 point font, explaining how you meet the brief as detailed in the Summary Terms of Reference, what you will bring to the role of Specialist Editor and why you are interested in it, and your reflections on the value of the project outline and objectives
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Accord Insight Specialist Editor’ in the title of the email.
Deadline for submissions: 5pm (UK time), 29 May 2015.