Organized By : Impunity Watch
On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Syrian revolution, the Association of Detainees and Missing Persons in Sednaya Prison, the Caesar Families Association, the Coalition of Families of Persons Kidnapped by ISIS (Massar), Families for Freedom and Ta’afi cordially invite you to a public side-event to the Brussels V conference on "Supporting the future of Syria and the region."
On 10 February 2021, five Syrian victim groups launched the Truth and Justice Charter, which generated significant interest from policymakers, the media, and the Syrian and international civil society. These same victim organisations are organising this side-event to present their vision and demands for truth and justice in Syria and make practical recommendations for policy action to realise this vision.
This side-event provides an opportunity for representatives of international organisations and states participating in the conference to consult directly with victim groups on the issue of enforced disappearance and arbitrary detention in Syria in order to take tangible steps to achieve the commitments made during earlier Brussels conferences.
- Ahmad Helmi, Ta'afi Initiative
- Maryam Alhallak, Caesar Families Association
- Catherine Marchi-Uhel, International, Impartial and Independent Mechanism (IIIM) – Syria
- Representative of the Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria
- Gregory Galligan, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Canada
- Marieke Wierda, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands
- Representative of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland
- Cristian Rivier, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
-Representative of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) – Syria
The event will take place on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 11 am EST / 4 pm GMT+1. This side event is hosted by Impunity Watch and PAX.
To register click here.