Organized By : Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect
By systematically negating the facts of history, genocide deniers manufacture doubt, seed discord and mistrust, strengthen contested narratives about the past, present and future, and create conditions that may lead to the recurrence of atrocities. Drawing from unique experiences, this event provides the opportunity for panelists to discuss how education has played a crucial role in combatting genocide denial and the prevention of atrocities.
This event is co-organized by the Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect (member of GAAMAC's Steering Group) and the Permanent Mission of Armenia to the UN. Armenia is a partner of GAAMAC.
H.E. Mr. Ararat Mirzoyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia
H.E. Mr. Mher Margaryan, Permanent Representative of Armenia to the United Nations
Ms. Alice Wairimu Nderitu, Special Adviser of the United Nations Secretary-General on the Prevention of Genocide
Ms. Savita Pawnday, Executive Director, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect
- Dr. Khatchig Mouradian, Lecturer in Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies, Columbia University
- Dr. Taner Akçam, Historian and Sociologist, Professor of History, Clark University
- Ms. Tali Nates, Executive Director, Johannesburg Holocaust and Genocide Center, South Africa
- Ms. Andrea Gittleman, Program Manager, Simon-Skjodt Center for the Prevention of Genocide, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Mr. Jack Mayerhofer, Deputy Executive Director, Auschwitz Institute for the Prevention of Genocide and Mass Atrocities